Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Adding Sound To Blogs: Not So Cool

I spend a good deal of time browsing other blogs every day. I also use Entrecard to generate traffic to a couple of my other blogs. Using EC takes some time. The one thing that really pisses me off is when I have to wait for a blog to load because someone has installed sound (music) on it.

Trust me, it takes so much longer for a page to load when it has to load sound. Depending on my mood, if a blog takes longer than normal to load, I'll just close it. I'm not spending my precious time on blogs that take forever to load. There are other EC blogs out there that I could be dropping on, rather than waiting for one blog with sound to load. It's not worth my time.

While you might like the music or sound that you've placed on your blog, others aren't so keen on it. You're probably driving your visitors away because of it. Either they don't want to wait for the page to load, or it scares the crap out of someone who has their speakers turned up.

Do away with the music. It's not cool. I won't be visiting again, you can count on that.

0 comments: